Monday 5 December 2016

How It All Started...

Hi All, 
With my Ikea shopping trip coming up this week, I thought it was time to begin blogging!

When I applied for Ikea's "Live Lagom" project, I'll be honest, I though it was a competition and of course, I never expected to win!! I then received an email from Ikea offering me the chance to take part in the project and to attend the first workshop. I read a lot after that... I researched last years ambassadors and read their blogs, looked for other Ikea projects and spend a lot of time figuring out if a "Lagom" lifestyle would suit my son and I. After deciding we could and would stick to it, I emailed back and accepted our place on the project.

I'm so glad that I did!!!

What is "Lagom"? 
Lagom is a Swedish word that means "just the right amount". To #livelagom we shouldn't deprive ourselves of anything that we want or need but we shouldn't overindulge either, that's the hard part!! 

The Project 
Ikea have selected a group of people, at each of their stores, to take part in the Project. They ask that we attend 4 workshops to learn how to #livelagom, to think of a "sustainability resolution" that we will live by in the New Year and to track our progress in a blog. In return they will give each household £300 to spend in store on products that will make our homes more efficient and help us stick to our resolutions. 

Ikea explain it far better than I can, so here is the link: http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/ikea/ikea-live-lagom/

To see how we get on, please follow this blog and comment with any ideas you might have to help us #livelagom. 

Thank you, C xoxo 


No comments:

Post a Comment