Wednesday 8 February 2017

Workshop 2

Workshop 2 

So, unfortunately I missed out on workshop 2 at the lovely Lakeside store. As a paramedic, I have to work night shifts every other week and this event landed on one of my rostered nights, and it was a busy one. From the pictures I have seen and the fabulous vlog created by Mohammed (I will ask his permission to share it with you), it looks like lots of fun was had by all. I know Max is also disappointed to have missed out on his visit to "meatball tower", I'll make it up to him when we go to buy his new PAX wardrobe.

 From what I can gather the focus of the event was on making a draft excluder from materials you already have... genius!! I am very very lucky not to have a problem with loosing heat under my doors at home. So I have decided to make Max and I wheatbags from some of his baby clothes. I have shamefully horded away all of his clothes in vacuum bags stored under my bed (I just don't have the heart to get rid of them), in the hope the I would make him a quilt from some of my favourites... I've just never had the time to sit at my sewing machine for that long, it's a mammoth project. So I have decided to put at least a couple of his babygro's to good use. Wheatbags are fairly simple to make, just material, whole wheat (which you can order online or get from a whole food store such as Holland and Barrett) and some good quality thread. I use a sewing machine so I have machine quality cotton already loaded nicely onto a bobbin ready to go. I will add a blog about how I get on with them. 

Also in the spirit of "homemade stuff", its History week at Max's school this week and I'm making his costume!! On Friday he has to dress as a historical figure, the school suggested a knight, king, or WW2 evacuee style costume to make things easier... Max is going as William Wallace... oh yes, back to Mummy's roots (who saw the Rugby this weekend? Great stuff from SCOTLAND, keep that up boys!) . I looked around at the price of costumes and/or kilt sets and let's just say it's more than any 4 year old's fancy dress costume should be!!! So I ordered some material that cost me £5 (blackwatch tartan, one of my fav's) and I shall be attemping to sew a kilt and sash... aaaghhhhh... wish me luck!!  

I hope you are all enjoying your workshops as much as the Lakeside group have enjoyed theirs and fingers cross I'll be at the next one!! xoxo    

No comments:

Post a Comment